Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE Exam. The operations related to GATE in 8 zones all over India are managed by a Zonal GATE Office at IISc. or IITs. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016 was IISc Bangalore, for GATE 2017 was IIT Roorkee & for GATE 2018 is IIT Guwahati.
Highlights of GATE 2018
- Examinations for all papers would be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online exam will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Questions where answers are to be keyed in by the candidates using virtual keypad
- For GATE 2018 the entire process of filling up application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc. is online and the candidates need not send any hard copy of their application form/documents, etc. to any of the IIT/IISc zonal GATE office
- The payment of application fees is online through different modes like net banking or e-challan
- Candidates have to download their admit cards from GATE website
Benefits of GATE
- A good GATE score is helpful for getting admission in to IITs, IISC, IIITs, NITs and many other renowned institutions
- Many PSUs like HAL, IOCL, PGCIL, BARC etc consider GATE score
- GATE qualification is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations like DRDO, BARC, ISRO etc.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
- Focused GATE Preparation also helps in other prestigious PSU recruitment examintions like CIL, AP Genco, AP Transco, NTPC, BSNL etc
- MS program at Singapore, New Zealand & Germany
- Fellowship at IIMA & IIMB in management course with a monthly stipend of Rs. 22,000
- Helps in better preparation for B.Tech semesters
- Brushing up technical skills for Campus Recruitment
Benefits of M. Tech
- M. Tech from a good institute helps you to stand out from the rest
- M. Tech opens up a lot of career paths in the fields of Teaching, Research and other Core sectors, apart from the existing alternatives
- Better Placements in top PSUs, MNCs and Indian companies both in India and Abroad.
- A Minimum stipend of 12,400/- per month is given to regular students joining colleges under MHRD
- Opportinity to work in research positions like JRFs, in ISRO/DRDO/BARC/IITs etc
- A M. Tech gives chance to pursue specializations of interest